Babies are God's wish for life to go on...

Babies are God's wish for life to go on...
Best Wishes for Mollie's Little Emma

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Babbles


Smashing the idea that blogs have to be written only during times of elation or catastrophe, I offer my first attempt at a blog. For Stephanie, no, the world is not coming to an end, but your mother is indeed blogging. For Cathie, your insights waiting for Ike to barrel through have been an inspiration. I have always told others that the story waiting to be written has little to do with great events. In fact, I make much of my living helping others do that: telling their stories through essays but I write little myself, preferring instead to revel in their anecdotes and to help them find their voices and profer those voices in hopes of attending this or that college. So, there you have it. More to come...

4 comments:

Steph said...

Me: "My Mom is blogging!"

Erik: "That's it! That's the end of the Internet."

Cathie said...

Why Steph & Erik, your mother and Al Gore invented the internet! *wink*

Cathie said...

To Barb - Cool! Glad to see you jumping into the pool! Will enjoy reading your day to day thoughts and missives.

Anonymous said...

Haha, you are far too good a writer for it to spark the end of the internet. I look forward to following! =)

~erin